TeraCode maintains offices in Boston, London and Argentina. All development services are actually performed in Argentina. Boston and London are staffed with experienced project managers and account executives. From time to time, developers travel from Argentina to spend time on-site with clients in the United States and Europe.
Our offices in Argentina are staffed full-time with developers, quality assurance resources, marketing specialists, translators, technical writers, and graphic designers. Offices are open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM local time through 6:00 PM local time, although many employees are there earlier and stay later than the posted working hours.
- · Boston, USA (Headquarters)
- · Buenos Aires, Argentina (Development)
- · London, England
Our decision to base our offshore development resources in Argentina is based on many years of experience working offshore and observing the challenges encountered. Argentina offers several specific advantages over other offshore destinations such as:
- · Same time zone as the Eastern United States
- · Only 3 hours earlier than Western Europe
- · Extremely high proficiency in English language
- · Favorable currency exchange
- · Culturally similar (most employees are descended from Italian, Spanish, French, and German immigrants - like many of us in the United States)
- · A large pool of highly-skilled IT workers and specialists
Argentina has a solid foundation for the development of a reliable software development industry. Moreover, Argentina has a strong educational system. Some of these characteristics include:
- · 3500 University students per 100,000 habitants. This estimate represents the most of any other Latin American country;
- · Argentina boasts approximately 1.26 million University students overall, with advanced programs in the sciences including computer-related technologies
The software sector continues to experience high growth. At present, the software industry employs over 45,000 people and exports US$350 million in software (May 2008).
Buenos Aires is the capital and largest city in Argentina. It is also the country's chief port and leading business and industrial center. Buenos Aires is one of the world’s largest cities; a megapolis with over 13 million inhabitants in both the city and its surrounding areas. It is also the busiest city in South America. The city represents a unique dichotomy where modern architecture is blended with a historic European look and feel, creating a charming and elegant cityscape. Visitors are fascinated by the environment, the individuality of the many different neighborhoods, the cordiality of its people, and its wide selection of cultural and commercial opportunities. Buenos Aires, surrounded by Argentina’s splendid countryside, is the great cosmopolitan doorway to South America.
|Motto: "In Union and Liberty"|
|Ethnic groups:||90 % European (mostly Italians and Spaniards), 7 % Mestizo, 3 % Amerindian, and others.|
|Government:||Federal presidential republic|
|Area Total:||2,780,4032 km²|
|Population:||2008 (estimate) 40,677,348|
|GDP (PPP):||2007 estimate Total $523.7 billion/Per capita $13,307|
|GDP (nominal):||2007 estimate Total $260.7 billion/Per capita $6,548|
|HDI (2007):||▲ 0.869 (high)|